Tuesday, January 27, 2015

bon appetit - rose's luxery


so i have come to terms. i may be obssessed with restauarnt reviews. 
yelp- my go to. 
bon appetit- yes, please! 
friend's recommendations- you may have recieved an email or two before (thank you)

choosing a restaurant may be the best && most difficult decision i make for any special occasion, saturday evening or vacation


naturally for my birthday, i wanted to visit the number one rated best new restauraunt

oh caleb, what a guy! 
we showed up at 5:30 when the restaurant opened- mind you, on a cold, rainy monday night after thanksgiving. 
a soggy wet line. 
a three hour wait. 
... oh that didn't stop us.
we were ready. 
&& boy was it worth every minute!

recommendations: "hot" chicken (if && only if you like spice, it was a little spicy for caleb), lychee salad, truffle pasta- i still dream of this dish, brown butter cocktail, pistachio icecream... 





^^ i can still smell && taste the truffles. divine


“I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. And I don't want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings and pop cans and errands and receipts and dirty dishes. I want to eat cold tangerines and sing out loud in the car with the windows open and wear pink shoes and stay up all night laughing and paint my walls the exact color of the sky right now. I want to sleep hard on clean white sheets and throw parties and eat ripe tomatoes and read books so good they make me jump up and down, and I want my everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who loves the gift.” - shauna neiquist


happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment